By ensuring that your employees have enough rest and breaks during working hours, you can expect your workforce to stay alert, make the right decisions and avoid mishaps and accidents. A well-rested workforce can help reduce overall healthcare cost to your company.
MANAGE YOUR HEALTH
OF MANAGING YOUR
7.4x more likely to be satisfied with current job 2
4.4x more likely to be proud to work for company 3
1.7x more likely to report work-life balance 4
2 3 4 Chia, S. E., Lim Wah, J., Judy, K. S. G., Yoong, J., Lim, R. B. T., & Chia, K. S. (2015). A Study on the Comprehensive and Integrated Workplace Safety and Health Services in Singapore. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 57(9), 958-964.
Offer subsidised or complimentary health screenings or advise your employees to run a quick self-check and get basic advice through online screening tools like this one.
Offer online health coaching to employees so that they are aware about their health results and can take steps to improve their dietary and lifestyle habits
Train supervisors to communicate via employee engagement sessions through teleconferencing or e-platforms on the following messages:
If you don’t feel well, stop work
If you have any of the below symptoms, stop what you are doing in a safe manner and seek help immediately:
- Sudden giddiness
- Wanting to faint
- Blurring of vision
- Unexplained cold sweats
- Sudden severe chest or abdominal pain
- Unexplained breathlessness or difficulty in breathing
Educate workers who are carrying out safety-critical activities on the risk they may pose to those around them when they:
- Faint or black out
- Are unable to see or hear
- Suffer a fit, asthma attack, heart attack or stroke
Encourage these workers to alert their supervisors if they have underlying health conditions that could compromise the safety of themselves or others, so that everyone can watch over one another to stay safe.
Build trust with employees by:
- explaining what steps the company would take when such health conditions are declared e.g. make arrangements for workers to take on non-safety critical tasks, or give workers time to take medication, and keep a lookout for them
- ensuring and assuring confidentiality of the medical condition that the employee shared, so that trust between the employer and employee can be maintained
Encourage employees to try out iWorkHealth survey, a web-based self-administered tool that helps identify workplace stressors.
- Employees will receive an individual report about their work stressors
- Assure employees that answers are confidential and only an aggregated anonymised report is available to the company